10 Best Ways to Stay Fit On Vacation
10 tips to stay fit while you're on holiday
1. Bring a flight 001 travel fitness kit with you. If you don't have access to a gym or you're staying in a hostel this will help you work out from anywhere. Consider trying the local yoga class or another fitness method you might not do at home that is popular locally.
2. Drink lots and lots of water. When you get tired, suffer from jet lag or end up dehydrated you'll feel hungry when you're likely just thirsty. Staying hydrated is not only great for the skin but will help you differentiate between true hunger and thirst.
3. Sightsee by foot or on a bike. Or take time for a hike as a way of doing both too. If you weren't able to exercise that morning, exploring a city by exerting energy will help stave off the calories when you're trying local delicacies.
4. Work out in the morning. Get it out of the way! Feel refreshed for the day and you'll not only have more energy but after sight seeing you won't have to think about it.
5. Stay at an Airbnb or an accommodation with a kitchen. It's fun of course to try the local food but you don't have to eat three meals out a day. Make your smoothie for breakfast or keep the calories to a minimum in the morning. This too will also help with the budget.
6. Pack your favorite work out gear. If you bring it you might be more inclined to use it. And it could inspire you to take more stylish travel photos. Don't overlook packing your sneakers or sports bras when heading out for holiday.
7. Go for a swim. If you're traveling to a warm locale and there's a pool or a beach nearby cool off and incorporate several laps. Another way to sneak in some exercise in between sun tanning and cocktails.
8. Change your phone screen saver to fitness role model. When you're on holiday it's easy to throw out your discipline when you're not in your normal routine. And you may tell yourself well I'm only here once! And you are! But if you keep a little daily reminder of your overall fitness goals right there on your screen you might be a little less likely to indulge and won't come home feeling guilty.
9. Go dancing! You might want to head out for drinks but instead of sitting around and consuming 3 cocktails head to a place where you can dance and sweat out the calories you're consuming. You'll feel better about it in the morning.
10. Hold yourself accountable and track your progress. If fitness really is a priority check out how much you're really sticking to a healthful plan when you're on the road.