A Totally Instagrammable Day in Los Angeles - Part 2 (between Bedford Drive and La Brea Avenue)
No matter what your travel style is, you can have a field day exploring all the many different kinds of neighborhoods Los Angeles has to offer. Whether you're a planner or adventurer, outdoorsy, artistically inclined, a foodie, a shopper, a luxury traveler, or a poshpacker, this post will offer you a variety of ways to see this little slice of LA the way you want to. You can use as much of or as little as you like of the recommendations below, and if something else in the neighborhood catches your eye, hooray! And enjoy!
11 Things to See, Eat and Do on Your Totally Instagrammable Day in LA
1. Start with a hike up to the Hollywood Sign and if you're bold enough, go during Sunrise. The view is spectacular over Lake Hollywood. It is super peaceful with fewer people around and the weather is a bit cooler.
Start at 6300 Innsdale Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90068
2. Slowly wander through the hills making your way back into town. There's loads of great architecture to take in and around the hills.
3. Head towards Beverly Hills to check out the gorgeous Palm tree-lined streets. If you're up early for the sunrise, these streets will feel extra wide with less traffic. You will pass the Beverly Hills Hotel. Grab a delicious breakfast (or brunch) at the Polo Lounge.
The Beverly Hills Hotel and Polo Lounge - 9641 Sunset Blvd, Beverly Hills, CA 90210
4. Grab a Coffee at Alfred's Coffee Beverly Hills and snap some photos across the street at the Beverly Hills Park. Feel free to stroll along Rodeo as you enjoy your beverage and maybe a sweet treat.
Alfred's - 490 N Beverly Dr, Beverly Hills, CA 90210
5. Then make your way a little east and south towards West Hollywood and check out the Retna Wall at the WeHo Library.
West Hollywood Library
625 N San Vicente Blvd
West Hollywood, CA 90069
6. Next, make your way to Melrose Avenue and Place. There are tons of great shops and boutiques, more coffee spots, places to grab a little nosh if you want, and loads of fun street art.
- 8441 Melrose Place
- Rainbows Crochet Wall - The Paper Bag Princess 8050 Melrose Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90046
- Made in LA Wall - 8025 Melrose Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90046
- Pink Wall at Paul Smith - 8221 Melrose Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90046
7. Make your way to the LACMA, but stop off at Gallery Brown to take your best shots of you in front of Retna's Silver Mural
9. At the LACMA, you'll have tons of fun loading up your Instagram stories with videos and shots of the Urban Light Installation. There will always be tons of tourists, so if you're feeling adventurous and not interested in being a photoshop master, go early in the morning or late at night when it's lit up for the best people free snaps.
Also, see what cool installations the LACMA has going on. There's great art to explore inside as well as around the grounds.
Urban Lights - 5905 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90036
10. If you're feeling hungry, power up at the food trucks across the street and snap a pic or two of the Berlin Wall remnants.
5900 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90036
11. Make a dinner reservation at République and enjoy an artisanal cocktail with your scrumptious meal.
624 South La Brea Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90036
Feel free to take your time and wander the city streets. You may find more or newer spots to enjoy more photography. (And if you do, be sure to send some of your discoveries over!)
Hope you have a terrific day exploring this bit of Los Angeles. Enjoy!