A Totally Instagramable Sunday in Downtown Los Angeles - Part 1
Looking for an awesome way to spend a weekend day? Feel like taking in some brilliant art and feel inspired by the vibes and designed filled eateries and streets of downtown LA? Then, you're in for a feast for all of your senses. Here's your next killer Sunday in DTLA.
1. Plan to make reservations for The Broad. Look for the earliest tickets you can get (ideally at opening) so your chances are very high to see Yayoi Kusama's Infinity Mirror Room. This installation is only on view until the 30th of September 2017, so you want your best chances of getting in the room.
2. You will cue at a kiosk in the lobby right away to get your spot for the Infinity Mirror Room entry and then you can take your time exploring the museum. Some gems of the installations are shown below.
One of my favorite artists on display in The Broad is Christopher Wool (United States, 1955) and his Why? (1990) piece featured above. As an aside, Christopher Wool's work inspired a dear friend of mine when beginning his art career and if you love this style and want a piece of your own, check out Sean's work here.
3. If you're done exploring the gallery and need more time to kill before your confirmed time for the Infinity Mirrored Room, get some fresh air and head next door to the Otium for some food and good cheer. It's delicious. *If you are all done with the museum and ready to explore and hang in DTLA, I still recommend starting with the Otium. It is delicious. The Otium does book up quickly, but depending on the time you head over you can likely find a spot at the bar or at one of the communal tables.
4. After your refreshments head out on Grand Street to explore some city views
5. After taking in the sights of Grand, start heading toward 7th street for a walk through the jewelry district and over to your next dessert spot, Little Damage for some black rose ice cream in a waffle cone! There will likely be a line, but I do think it's worth the wait for the one of a kind flavor and if you're still waiting for your time to cue back at The Broad, it's a killer way to use up the time.
6. Once you have your delicious treat, start heading back to The Broad. Be sure to take in all the art available on the streets around you.
7. After your grilled cheese and final notification that it's your time to go in, enjoy the Infinity Mirrored Room!
I hope you have a tremendous time exploring these parts of downtown LA and I'd love to hear about your adventure! Please send a note or comment below when you're back.
Enjoy and gran bisous!